Saturday, September 6, 2014

Composition #1

Triangles: This picture has a triangular composition with the shape of the bridge. There are also aspects of the rule of thirds (the top of the first section of the bridge).
Triangles: For this picture I tried to capture the triangular shape of the roof from this angle. In some ways the design on the buildings and the windows could also been see as diagonals.

Triangles: For this picture I tried to incorporate several triangles. If you were to look at this picture from above you would see that the wall makes a triangle. Also with the gate post in the middle, you can see the shapes making several triangles.
Triangles: I really liked the shape of the bricks in this picture. I was also trying to capture the triangular shape of the entire post along with the triangle in the middle. 
Triangles: For this picture I was trying to capture the triangular frame above the door but I think I could have framed the picture better by adding the rule of thirds. 

Rule of Thirds: For this picture, I was trying to take a picture using the rule of thirds but the leaf should have been moved diagonally left a little. There are also aspects of diagonal lines.
Rule of Thirds: If I could retake this picture I would frame it so the plant was a little closer to the center. I liked how this plant looks like fall and captures what San Francisco looks like at the beginning of the school year. 
Rule of Thirds: This is a picture of a timer but I really liked it because it almost looks like an alien on a planet. I also liked how the background stood out against the light blue. 
Rule of Thirds: This was my first picture trying to incorporate the Rule of Thirds. For this picture I tried to use the rule of thirds focusing on the leaf and flowers in the upper left corner. In this picture there are also some diagonal lines on the leaf and made by the brick wall. 

Rule of Thirds: In this photo, I was trying to use the rule of thirds in a different corner. I also saw diagonals in the grass in front and behind the flower.
Diagonals: This is a picture of the London eye that I took in 2011. This photo shows composition of diagonal lines. There are also aspects of the composition of rule of thirds from the beam in the corner and triangles towards the middle of the wheel.
Diagonal Lines: This composition is an example of diagonal lines. At first, I was trying to do rule of thirds but the yellow flower is where I should have placed the group of flowers that I was focusing on.
Diagonal Lines: I really like the different patterns that you can find in wood and I was trying to capture the many lines going in different directions. If I could retake this picture I would put the circle design a little closer to the top so I could also incorporate the rule of thirds. 
Diagonal Lines: In this picture I was focusing on the diagonal lines and I liked how there were many different sizes as a pattern and larger folds in the pattern. I also liked how I was able to incorporate the rule of thirds because in the top left corner, the lines look like they're making an S.
Diagonal Lines: For this picture I used the different floors in a building to create the diagonal lines. I never noticed all the lines that are used in making floors in a building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment